Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thrifty Threads

The girls are already outgrowing most of their 3-6 months clothes and I recently got an e-mail from one of the children's re-sale stores here in town that for the month of April you get 30% off if you buy 10 items or more. So, today I loaded up the girls, along with some of the clothes they've outgrown and we went shopping! I love stores like this because I can trade in their used clothing for store credit and I can get nice, gently used, name-brand clothing for VERY reasonable prices. When you have twinfants and a one-income budget, you have to find ways to save! Also, it is hard to justify spending tons of money on clothes they will outgrow so quickly. I do buy them some new things when I catch a good sale, but for the most part their wardrobe consists of second-hand clothing. In fact most of the adorable clothes you see in the pics are from the store we went to today! It's also part of my "going green" goal to not buy things new that I can get in good condition used. So, today with the trade-ins and the 30% discount, I bought ten nice outfits for the girls and spent only $18!

We didn't take any new pics today, but here's a few of my favorites from this past week of Aidan playing with the girls. They LOVE the puppets he's playing with. They squeal and kick their feet when you get them out, lol! Of course, they like to try to grab them and eat them!





3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

I am glad you had better luck there than I did with the clothes. How adorable to see Aidan being a wonderful entertaining big brother!

Damiane'

P.S. I get so excited seeing the blog updated...no pressure...LOL

Heather & Chaos said...

Wow that is a great deal. Did you find matching outfits?? That's my biggest hang up. I want matching outfits (it's just so much easier when I'm picking out their clothes to have matching!!!). I find that I can get better deals on the clearance racks in Kohl's and Mervyn's than I can at the second hand store near my house. I wasn't impressed. I guess if I traded in clothing, I'd be money ahead but I'm saving my clothes for my SIL's. Oh well. I'm glad you were able to get such a great deal!!

Erika'sMommy said...

Aidan looks so adorable with the girls Nicole!