Friday, April 18, 2008

Caffeine

With very few exceptions I have avoided caffeine since I got pregnant with the twins over a year ago. I know it's not good for me or for the girls when I nurse them. So aside from the first couple weeks of withdrawl, it has been an easy sacrifice to make. Well last night Sean brought me home a 20 oz. Pepsi. He knows I'm not drinking caffeine, but it was actually a thoughtful, although slightly selfish, gesture. Thursday night is a big TV night for us (Office, Survivor, Scrubs, Earl) and he wanted me to stay up and watch all of them with him. We TIVO all of it, so usually we only watch one or two and save the rest for the weekend. So he brought me the Pepsi so the caffeine could help keep me up.

I decided to drink it. What harm is one little Pepsi? OMG!!! I didn't fall asleep until nearly 2 am! I apparently have NO tolerance for caffeine anymore. For the first hour or two after I drank it I felt like I was on fast forward. I talked faster, moved faster, and couldn't sit still! I was so worried about the affect it would have on the girls, but thankfully it didn't seem to phase them one bit. So lesson learned - no caffeine for me past noon, lol!

As for the girls, the nap scheduling adjustment has gone really well. I was VERY consistent this week so I know that helped! They are now taking only 3 naps instead of 4. They wake around 7:30, nap at 9:30, 12:30 and 3:30 and go to bed at 6:30. Candace goes down for all three naps AND bedtime with zero crying! Cassidy is still my stubborn one. She will go down easy for the first two naps, but still protests a little for the third nap and bedtime, usually no longer than 10-15 minutes. Their naps are still only 45 minutes long, but there's not much I can do about that. Candace would sleep longer, but then they'd be on different schedules so I have to wake her when Cassidy wakes.

The job hunting is going well. Aidan's teacher has become my ally and is putting in a good word for me with the principal. She is a highly respected teacher so her recommendation means a lot! She has also given me the names of contacts she has at other nearby schools and sent out e-mails telling them about my "wonderfulness" as she put it, lol. I feel very confident that if for some reason I can't get one of the positions at Aidan's school, there will be something for me at another close school. Keep sending those good vibes!

Aren't they so pretty?





They started out laying side by side on their backs....not quite sure how Candace managed this one, lol!


2 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

I love when they get all tangled up ... sans anyone getting hurt of course. LOVE the pics! Glad your naps are better, they are on the same schedule as mine so we need to get together soon!!!!!!!!!!

Damiane'

jtguttman said...

I can sympathize with the caffeine! Did you know Midol has as much caffeine as a soda?? I was up till 4am! 2pm is my caffeine cut off time. The girls are looking so different! It's been great watching them grow up.