Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back to School Soon.. for ALL of Us!

With all the boys being home, Sean included, it has been hard for me to find the time to sit and write a blog. Even when they aren't here, I am cleaning up after them and trying to get the girls back on schedule from all the disruptions! I have also been using my few spare moments to update my resume and portfolio. I found out that Aidan's school, which is literally in our backyard, has four open positions for next year!

I had been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to return to work or stay home another year, and I was actually leaning more towards staying home. However, lately I have really started missing teaching. As much as I adore my girls and love that I can spend so much time with them as a SAHM, I miss the fulfillment and feelings of purpose and accomplishment I get from teaching. I will still have plenty of time to spend with them if I work so close to home because I will be home by 3:00 and have all holidays and breaks off!

We were a little worried about the daycare costs for two infants and finding openings with a high-quality, certified center, but the waiting list at our first choice is much shorter than I anticipated. It is only a couple minutes from our house, if that, and it is much less expensive than we thought it would be. It seems that everything is falling into place so perfectly! Hopefully I will get one of the four positions. If not, I also plan on applying at a couple of the other schools that are nearby. I refuse to have a long commute like I did last year!

Here's a very brief recap of our week so far:

Monday - Sean took Chase to Busch Gardens to ride the roller coasters. They are both dare devils and LOVE fast, heart-pounding rides. However, Aidan is a chicken just like his mama, lol, so he opted not to go. I took him to the park with the girls instead. Both boys had a great day!

Tuesday - The boys played outside most of the day and we had a few errands to run. Not a super exciting day, just a busy day!

Wednesday - My friend Kelly and her kids came over. Her son Ethan is the same age as Aidan and Chase. There was a little jealousy about who was who's friend, but overall they all played really well together. She also has an 8 month old and a 3 year old. Her littlest one, Kara, has just started sitting and crawling. It is crazy to think the girls will be getting around like that in just a couple months!

Thursday - Sean took the boys to the beach. They had a lot of fun splashing in the waves! I really wish I could have taken the girls along, but they have been very cranky this week with all the noise and disruption to their normal schedule. We stayed home and I worked on my teaching portfolio.

Friday - Sean and the boys were on the road all day. Sean met Andy, Aidan's biological father, at the FL/GA border. Aidan will be staying with his dad all weekend. I already miss him, but it is good for him to spend time with his father. I used the day alone as an opportunity to clean the house and run a few errands.

Today Sean took Chase out to lunch and then to pick out a new game for his Nintendo DS. I am looking forward to the quiet afternoon! Unfortunately I don't have many pictures from this week. Sean has been taking the boys places, but never takes the camera and the girls have been so cranky they haven't given me many photo opps!

Sean's New Do... lol!



Candace in the Bumbo



Daddy Playing with the Girls



Aidan's Oddly Shaped Sunburn After the Beach Excursion - He was NOT happy about having his picture taken! (Sean claims to have slathered him in sunscreen, but the pattern on his face tells a different story!)



I also managed to get this cute video! We bought Cassidy a Bumbo seat after seeing how much she liked Jake & Ryan's. So, she was wearing these cute pjs with animal faces on the feet and sitting in the Bumbo where she could see them. She was enthralled with them and kept trying to grab at them, lol!

Animal Feet

4 comments:

Erika'sMommy said...

Nicole - I completely understand your being torn between staying at home and teaching. I teach 6th grade and I LOVE IT!! Although I miss Erika and it brings be to tears to leave her sometimes, I think it makes me a better Mommy that I kept that important part of who I am - a teacher. Please feel free to email if you want to "chat." I loved that video and I want those pj's for Erika!!! I enjoyed your posting today very much.
Heidi

jtguttman said...

So cute! Loved the video! After playing with all those puppets, she probably thought that's what there were. My mom just bought the boys pjs with animals on the feet in size 9 months! I can't wait for them to wear them!
Poor Aidan! Maybe he rubbed his eyes and that's why the sunscreen wasn't there...(doubtful, but thought I'd help Sean out of the doghouse!).

Arjun and Indira said...

Nicole, I am sure it was a tough decision and I am sure you will love it. You can always see how it works out and if next year you feel like cutting back again you can. That video is adorable!

Damiane'

Meaghan said...

Thanks for the comment! I was surprised to see I had one! :) No problem on adding me to your blogs! I should start doing that...And especially of twins who are around the same age-we know we will all have similar questions! Your twins are adorable by the way-love the swing picture! I'll have to try that one of these days...