Monday, April 28, 2008

Random Ramblings

The past few days have been fairly uneventful, just filled with chores and errands. I was beginning to get bored of my surroundings so I rearranged Aidan's room, the girls' room, and the living room on Saturday. That's the extent of the excitement around here!

The girls are doing well. Cassidy is sitting independently for quite long stretches now. She sat for nearly ten minutes last night! They aren't crawling, but Candace has become more mobile. They both move now with a purpose and goal, as opposed to just rolling and scooting because they can. They will see something that sparks their interest and try to get to it. Last night Candace wanted to get to her Daddy who was sitting on the floor across the room with Cassidy, so she figured out an inch worm + rolling combo to get to where she wants to be. It is so cute and clever! Also, in the past week or so they have begun to do the sweetest thing, they lift their arms up to me when they want me to pick them up or hold them. It melts my heart!

On a less positive note, Candace has been VERY fussy the past couple days and has been spitting up and vomiting frequently, both indicators that she still has an allergy to the milk and soy I reintroduced. So it looks like I'll be milk and soy free for another 6 months. It is a small sacrifice for me to make to be able to give the girls all the wonderful benefits of breastfeeding. We will wait until next weekend to start cereal so all the milk proteins can get out of both of our systems.

Since it's been a few days, I have lots of pics to share!

I had to get pics of the girls in these onesies before they outgrow them! One of the activities at my baby shower was to decorate onesies, so these were made by a friend at my shower. Thanks Mandi and thanks again Mom and Jen for the awesome baby shower!




This isn't the best quality, but I love Cassidy's expression in this one.


Aidan playing with Candace, she loves to grab people's faces!




Cassidy somehow managed to get under the playmat, lol!



Wonder what Candace is dreaming, she looks like she's thinking hard!


Cassidy playing

4 comments:

Erika'sMommy said...

Those onesies are very sweet and what a cool idea for an activity at a baby shower. Is that your kitty?

Arjun and Indira said...

Those onesies are adorable! I am sorry she has been fussy, dealing with it myself over here. You are a great mom for doing that sacrifice and still giving the girls BM! WTG Nicole!

It seems that all our babies (yours mine and Megan's) are all in the grabbing faces phase. Hopefully yours don't pinch like mine do! LOL

We need to get together soon! I know next week is the lunch but maybe between then and the picnic!

Damiane'

joannabug said...

I love the pea onesies! Did you make those yourself? Very cool!!!

(lurking from twinstuff)

joannabug said...

Oops, hee! I should have read more carefully. That's a terrific shower idea!