Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Irresponsible Husband

I love Sean, I really do, but sometimes I really wonder what he's thinking! Why do men often behave as boys? He is an excellent provider, husband and father, and he DOES do so many things right, but he made a very questionable decision recently. Men!

About a month ago our television broke. It was an older TV and had been moved from Hawaii to Arizona to Florida, so I suppose we should have seen it coming. Unfortunately it gave us no warning, it just wouldn't turn on one day. We have only one other TV in the house, Aidan's small 19", so after just one day of watching that we knew we needed a more permanent solution. Well TVs aren't cheap and of course Sean didn't want to "settle." I do understand since it is something we will be using for years to come. Anyway, we opened a Best Buy account and got a pretty nice TV.

Fast forward to this week....we got the Best Buy bill with our first payment due. It was much less than we anticipated and budgeted. So, instead of doing the responsible thing and deciding to just pay the higher amount we had budgeted (paying it off sooner AND with less interest) my dear husband, without my consent or input, decided to go buy an X-Box 360 and a bunch of games to go with it and put it on the Best Buy account. I guess his intent was to get a WII but they were sold out and not only is my husband irresponsible, he is also very impatient. GRRRRR!!!!!

Now I will give him some credit, he did at least buy games we can all play together. We all really rock out on Rock Band! Our band is called "The Pirates," LOL. Aidan has gotten really good at guitar/bass and Sean and I switch places on drums and the second guitar/bass. He also got the American Idol karaoke game and Dance, Dance Revolution. As angry as I was at him, I have to admit I am actually enjoying playing these games together as a family.

So anyway, that's how we've been spending our evenings after the girls go to bed and also why I haven't posted many blogs this past week!

I will post an update on the girls tomorrow after their 6 month check-up. They won't technically be 6 months until the 23rd, so I'll post another update and lots of pics then also. I do have some exciting news though...Cassidy is sitting! Not more than about a minute at a time, but that's definitely progress!

See for yourself (forgive my lousy camera work, I was trying to be ready in case she fell)



Also, here's Candace giving us a piece of her mind. You can see why we call her our little gremlin, LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the video of the girls! They are too cute! My little one screams and talks like Candace does too! It is too funny! Hope all is going well!

jtguttman said...

Now I'm green! Congrats on the sitting up! Neither of the boys has made it that long! Jake is "talking" to me just like Candace. It gave Jeff such a headache yesterday.

Congrats on the irresponsible DH. At least you get family time out of it. The name of your band cracked me up!

Arjun and Indira said...

Welcome to the sitting up club! What a cute pic that would make of them all sitting together.

Sorry DH did that but hopefully in time you can convince to not repeat that!

Damiane'