Friday, January 25, 2008

An Ordinary Day

My favorite part of the day is "Mommy Time." We do this for about 45 minutes, twice a day. I spend this time with the girls reading books, singing songs, and “playing.” They LOVE this time!

Their favorite books have big, bold, bright colors, few words, flaps to lift, and their absolute favorite has those 3-D wobbly eyes. For the songs, I try to sing songs that have actions with them like “Itsy, Bitsy Spider” and “Where is Thumbkin?” We also do: This Little Piggy (toes), Peek-a Boo, and Patty Cake. Candace’s favorite is This Little Piggy and Cassidy loves when I do Patty Cake with her hands! For "playing," I try to place the toys in their hands. We are still waiting for them to reach for and grab things. I also make their toys "talk" to each other and tickle and kiss them. Candace loves to talk to the toy monkey and Cassidy likes to stare in the mirror toy.

I pretty much use the same books, songs, activities each day so it gets a little mundane for me, but it is live interaction with them and they absolutely love it! They know what's coming when I put them side-by-side in their bouncer and swing and sit down on the floor in front of them. They get the biggest smiles! It’s so neat how they have become more alert and interactive. I am really looking forward to them getting even more alert and able to engage with me even more!

Besides "Mommy Time" the rest of our day is filled with nursing, sleeping and diaper changes. They still only stay up for about an hour at a time so there isn’t time for much else. We do a little tummy time, which they hate, and spend some time under the play mats and in the swings. They also look forward to when Aidan gets home from school. He often will sing to them, read to them or just talk to them. They are in total awe of their big brother!

Our daily guilty pleasure is a Baby Einstein DVD. We discovered these about a week ago. They LOVE those silly videos! They smile at the screen and kick their legs in excitement. I discovered I can put one on to entertain them while I sneak in a quick shower. I am still not sure how I feel about TV for infants, but when you have twins you sometimes have to give yourself a little slack. Besides, a clean mama equals a happier mama!

Just another ordinary day!

Aidan loves to read to the girls.


Reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear


Watching Baby Einstein

Enthralled with TV

Candace looking in the mirror.


"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."


She really does love the monkey, but she was getting tired!



With their FAVORITE book!

No comments: