Monday, January 21, 2008

3 Month Update

The girls will be 3 months old on Wednesday and I am finally emerging from the newborn haze ! I can happily say that things have gotten so much better, but it is still not easy…I don't think it ever will be with two! The girls are smiling, chuckling, and cooing and so entertaining to interact with now. The most exciting thing happened this past week - they finally noticed one another! They looked right at each other and smiled and babbled. It was the sweetest, most heart-warming moment! It is also quite interesting and wonderful to see their very distinct personalities emerging. As their grandma (my mother) predicted they are very different, almost like night and day.

Cassidy is Daddy's little sweetie and gave him her very first social smile. She rarely cries, but when she does it is loud and dramatic, with great big crocodile tears. She does not babble as much as her sister, but when she does it is loud and vehement. She seems quite opinionated! She loves to sleep and is already sleeping 8 hours at night (Woo-hoo!) She is very curious and her eyes are always wandering looking for something new to examine. She is very skeptical of new people and makes her patented, heart-breaking pouty face for strangers.

Candace is a mama's girl through and through. She will sit and gaze, smile and coo at her mama for hours! She finds me quite fascinating and is happiest in my arms. She adores her big brother and is slowly warming up to her daddy. She smiles easily for others and is always interested in new faces. She is our little social butterfly! She wants to stay up all day to talk and play, and is still waking every 3-4 hours at night (poor mama!) Her hours of crying have stopped after we discovered it wasn't colic, but a milk and soy protein intolerance. After eliminating all dairy and soy from my diet, not easy to do, she is a sweet, happy baby with only the occasional fussiness.

Aidan is still an amazing big brother. He has not acted out or shown any signs of jealousy or competitiveness and is still doing very well in school. He had straight A's this quarter and was chosen as a tutor for 1st graders because of his strong academics, kindness and helpfulness. He absolutely adores his baby sisters and is very patient and protective of them. He loves to sing to them, read to them and make them smile. He finds them very entertaining. I am SOOOOOOOOOO proud of him !!!!

Sean and I are doing well, although we don't have much "us" time anymore. He is very supportive of my breast-feeding them and helps where he can. He has changed many diapers and spit-up covered clothes! He is a wonderful father and is so in love with his daughters. I love to hear him talk to them in his sweet, sing-song voice. He also has been a great help around the house by doing all of the cooking, errands and grocery shopping.

I am finally getting out and about a little more, although it is not easy with two infants! I have made friends with some other twin mommies in the area and we are quite the spectacle when we go out . They are awesome women who understand what I'm going through. I do miss teaching, but I am very happy to be home taking care of my children. I love getting to spend so much time with my family and being there to savor every moment of their first year. I may or may not return to work next year, time will tell.

The past 3 months have been a blur, and perhaps the most challenging months of my life thus far, but I would do it all over in a heartbeat! I cannot imagine my life now without these two precious girls. They have completed our family and I am so incredibly grateful for them every single day . I feel so blessed!!! Thank you all for your continued support, interest and photo comments. We will continue to keep you updated with pics and blogs!

No comments: