Monday, January 28, 2008

Cribs are for sleeping...sometimes!

So our newest "adventure" for the last few nights has been trying to get the girls to sleep in their cribs. For the past couple months, I have been sleeping in the living room with Candace on the couch and Cassidy has been sleeping in her swing in the living room. This has worked great, but Candace is getting bigger and my small section of couch is getting even smaller!

We've had some success, but we're still having some issues. I've been putting the girls to bed in their crib around 9-10 pm, after they fall into a deep sleep while nursing. They will stay asleep anywhere from 1 -4 hours before one or both wake up. I nurse them back to sleep and put them back in their cribs. So from 9-10 pm til 3-4 am they are sleeping in THEIR room, in their cribs. Yay - success!

Here is where it gets tricky, the 3-4 am wake up! It has always been Candace who wakes up this second time and will not go back to sleep in her crib. She also wakes Cassidy with her "protests!" At this time of night I am just too tired and incoherent to keep trying, so Candace ends up in our bed with me and Cassidy ends up back in the swing (but at least it's the one in their room!)
So our progress is slow, but there IS progress. I have at least moved back into our bedroom (yay!) Hopefully I'll be writing again soon to say that they have gone the WHOLE night in their cribs! Wish us luck...

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Arjun and Indira said...

Yeah for sleeping in the bed. Hey, I did the same thing. I wanted them to sleep in the crib and sleep through the night all at once. I forgot that they need to do it in steps (exhaustion makes me dumb). So if they did one night like that, that is pretty good. Sometimes mine still like to be in their swings after their 5am feedings. So just go with the flow, it will get better.
Damiane'