Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our New House!

It isn't formally official yet, but Sean and I found our house! We put in an offer yesterday and it was accepted. Now it is just a matter of inspections and paperwork. We close on the house on September 5th, just a couple of days before I get there!

We looked at tons of houses online and sent my family out twice to look at over a dozen properties, but this was "the one." My mom even said the owners had a picture of twin girls the same age as ours on their refrigerator, could it be a sign? It has been a long grueling process, but I could not be happier with the end result! A thousand thanks to my family, especially my wonderful mother!

Our new house is over 2100 sq. ft., has a huge family room/ rec. room perfect for the kids playroom, a wonderful Arizona room (enclosed porch,) grass & a brick wall in the backyard, its located in a quiet, family-friendly neighborhood, and most importantly, has an open, warm, inviting feel. It has every single thing both of us wanted in a house! It has been well-maintained and there is not a single thing we need to fix or change (except some paint colors!)

Here's a few pics from the real estate listing if you want to take a peek!

Our House!
(I'm not sold on the turquoise, but my mom says it's more muted in person. I'll have to see for myself, but paint is an easy fix!)



Living Room (it's a lot bigger than it looks!)



Foyer



Kitchen (yes, I will paint the cabinets!)



Family Room / Rec Room



Bathroom



Master Bedroom (with a huge walk-in closet not pictured!)



Arizona Room



Backyard

3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

Ah, yes now I see what you were saying. I am so glad you got the house you wanted. Sept 5th? That will be here before we all now it! I am so happy for you and your family though.
Damiane'

Erika'sMommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS Nicole!!! Your house is beautiful! Lots of luck!

mrs.izzy said...

great house! very Arizona. :-) it's currently the hottest months over there though. But you gotta love the fact that the kids can play outside about 9 months of the year. (We lived in AZ for about 3 years.)

Good luck with the move.