Saturday, August 30, 2008

An Early Birthday Surprise

We have the most amazing, wonderful friends! On Thursday we went to what we thought was just our regular "Mother's Lunch In" and we were greeted with an early surprise birthday party for the girls! They wanted to send us off with a bang and celebrate the girls' birthday with us early since we won't be here in October. All of our baby and mommy friends were there and there were presents, cake and decorations. They even used the Dr. Seuss theme that I plan on using for the girls' party in October. Katey made the cutest "Cat in the Hat" hats and Damiane' made a delicious dairy-free, organic cake with the theme colors.

The girls had a wonderful time playing with all of their baby friends (Arjun, Indira, Jake, Ryan, Kara, & Evangeline.)They had great fun opening presents and eating cake! They received wonderful, thoughtful gifts, including amazing, hand-made felt name books from the Handa family (see pics below!), adorable pajamas from the Nolan family, and an awesome covered, swimming pool from the Guttman family. They also all pitched in for a generous gift card to Target for me as a "mommy gift." Did I mention how AMESOME our friends are? We will miss them so very, very much!

Busy Babies!













Presents
(We had lots of "helpers" and the wrapping paper & boxes were a hit, LOL!













Felt Name Books
(Damiane' did an AMAZING job on these! I had mentioned to her once that I wanted to make these for the girls myself, but didn't have the time, patience, or creativity, so she surprised me and made them for their birthday!)



C-A-S-S-I-D-Y






C-A-N-D-A-C-E







Cake.... YUMMMMY!!!










Group Photos
(Boy, were these hard shots to get!)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! looks like a great birthday!! I LOVE the felt books...wonder if they were done without sewing..I am not a sewer, but would love to make those for my boys.

Arjun and Indira said...

Nicole I am so glad you were surprised and had such a good time. Candace and that push toy are hilarious, she loves it so much! I am really glad you liked the books since they didn't come out like the ones online you saw due to time constraints. I hope you really liked the cake, it was different but wanted it healthy since I knew the girls would really want to eat it!
Damiane'