Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Aidan!

Yesterday was Aidan's 8th birthday. It is hard to believe that it was eight years ago that I held that tiny bundle in my arms and we both gazed at each other with total bewilderment. I have a notoriously poor memory, but I remember those first days with Aidan as if they were yesterday. At twenty years of age I had no idea what it meant to be a mother and it amazed me how much you could suddenly love another being. He was my whole world and he has taught me so much. I can't imagine my life without him. I have proudly watched as he has grown from a sweet, friendly, easy-going baby to the smart, funny, amazing kid he is today.

We celebrated his birthday yesterday at Chuck E. Cheese with our close friend Kelly and her kids. Her son Ethan is one of Aidan's best friends. It was a standard birthday and he had a wonderful time meeting the mouse, eating pizza & cake, opening presents, and playing games. He loved the pirate book from Grandma that features him as the main character (thanks for the idea Katey!) He was also pretty stoked about getting a Playstation 2 (Sean's idea.) The best part of the day for me was how well-behaved the girls were! They did not fuss or cry once, even though it was a thirty minute drive each way and we were there for nearly three hours!

After we got home from the party, the girls took a nap and I took Aidan to Target to spend some of his birthday money that was burning a hole in his pocket. He bought a lot of Star Wars toys. Yes, we are finally starting to move past the five year pirate phase! He still loves pirates, but his interest is expanding out to Star Wars as well. It was really nice to spend time with him one-on-one. I miss that and it really made me realize that I need to make more time for just him and me.

The day ended with dinner from his favorite restaurant, McDonald's, and a family viewing of the first Star Wars movie.

Here are some pics:


















6 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AIDAN!!!! Looks like he had a great birthday! That book is so cool looking!

jtguttman said...

Happy birthday Aidan! It looks the the birthday party was a ton of fun! I love the picture of him going "yesss" to the psp! :)

mrs.izzy said...

Happy birthday! How cool is that book, it has his picture!!! Looks like a great celebration..

and we have the same booster for the twins. Don't you just love it! It's great to take with you wherever you go!

Erika'sMommy said...

Happy big 8 Aidan! Great party Nicole....and you look so pretty in that picture!

jenna said...

Yeah, I always think about Aidan's baby days when his birthday rolls around. He is the sweetest little boy! I just realized I'll never be taking Logan to Chuck E. Cheese because of that damn mascot. Sccaarrry!

jenna said...

Oh yeah, you look really good in jeans. You don't wear jeans very often now that I think about it!