Friday, March 7, 2008

Aidan

Warning: The following post contains blatant bragging!

Most of my blogs are about the girlies, since they are obviously growing and changing so quickly, but I figured it's time to dedicate a post to Aidan. He is such an amazing kid. I am a very proud and happy mother!

He is doing great in school and his teacher takes every opportunity to tell me what an awesome student he is and how she adores him. We are both impressed with his recent writing samples. He is very witty and descriptive. I'll try to scan and post some of his stories and essays, or better yet, maybe I'll have him type them on here! He has had straight A's all year and his teacher is confident he'll pass the gifted test at the beginning of next year.

He is looking forward to playing baseball again this year. He is registered and should be starting practice any day now. This is the first year he will play coach pitch and not t-ball. I know he will do really well. He really is a natural and his coaches are always impressed. He hits the ball 90% of the time when Sean practices with him and he has a great swing. He definitely did not get my athletic ability (or lack thereof!) His Aunt Jenna has told him from infancy he was going to be a baseball player and taught him how to catch, hit and throw, and it must have stuck! He tried soccer this last fall, but didn't get into it that much. He's decided to just stick with baseball. I'll support whatever he wants to try!

At home he is still an amazing big brother. I am still a little surprised he has not shown the slightest bit of jealousy or resentment. He was essentially an only child for seven years and suddenly had to share the spotlight with not only one, but TWO babies! He has handled it so well. He spends 15-30 minutes with the girls every day, reading to them, singing to them, dancing for them, giving them their toys... basically anything that will make them laugh or smile. He also is very helpful with anything I need. He brings me wet wipes, burp cloths, water when I'm nursing, whatever I need at the moment. He truly adores the girls and the feeling is mutual. I'm very curious to see how it evolves as they get older, are mobile and can follow him around, lol. They may go from cute and lovable to incredibly annoying!

And isn't he just so handsome? His eyelashes never cease to amaze me! Can you imagine if the girls get those lashes?


3 comments:

Erika'sMommy said...

Aidan is certainly a gift Nicole! He is beautiful and I would be proud as his mother too! He reminds me of some of my best students and I always admire their dedication. Good job Mommy!
Heidi

Arjun and Indira said...

Nicole, your post brought me to tears (happy ones). Keep up the good work

Damiane

Heather & Chaos said...

I hear ya on the eyelashes. My son has them too. At first, it didn't look like the girls were going to get them (and I was so bummed!) but it looks now like they are going to have the long lashes too!! Hopefully your girls will as well!!