Thursday, May 22, 2008

Trip Day... Take Two!

Well I am supposed to be writing this post from Arizona, but here I sit still in my own living room. Things obviously didn't go according to plan.

We got to the airport yesterday just fine, with plenty of time. After unloading our five suitcases, two carry-ons, two car seats and with all three kids in tow, we made our way to the ticket counter to check-in. The attendant, who was very insensitive and unapologetic) informs us that the flight is delayed two hours, which would cause us to miss our connecting flight in Dallas and the last connecting flight for the day! So our only option was to postpone our trip and take a flight leaving today.

Now for a family with one child or older children, this would probably be an irritating inconvenience... for me it was cause for a mini-meltdown right there in the middle of the airport. By this point the girls are getting cranky, Aidan and I haven't eaten, we have to lug all of our stuff back to the car, I have to unpack everything we need for the night, do another load of laundry in the morning, and then repack. Additionally, the flight we are now taking is about an hour after their nap time, which is a nap they will probably not take since we will be at the airport, so by the time we board they'll be overtired and super cranky. On top of all that, we also now have a long three hour layover! Ugh...

So wish us luck... and here's hoping my next post really will be from Arizona!

2 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

That is so crazy! I hope your flight went better today and you made it through, one good thing is you have your mom on the other end to help you through the recovery period of traveling. Hugs to you and the kids and can't wait to hear all about it.

Damiane'

jtguttman said...

Oh NO! What a PITA! I hope today goes better for you. Such a nightmare. I would have had a massive meltdown at the counter and thrown a massive temper tantrum. I've been know to do that before the twins!