Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Day of Milestones

Candace got her first tooth yesterday! Now all the excessive amounts of drool, fussiness, and sleepless nights have an explanation! It is her bottom right tooth and boy is it sharp! Thankfully she is not biting me with it when she eats. I'll try to get a picture, but she is not particularly fond of me sticking my fingers in her mouth and trying to hold it open. No signs of teeth in Cassidy's mouth yet.

Yesterday was also our first day of solid foods! We started with the standard, rice cereal. I decided to start at breakfast since they are in a better mood in the morning. It was VERY interesting, LOL! Candace kept grabbing the spoon and trying to wrestle it away from me. She didn't seem too interested in the food, just in chewing on the spoon. Cassidy is such a little pill. She kept blowing raspberries and spitting the cereal everywhere! She also made the most hilarious faces of disgust and disbelief. I don't think she's a big fan. I doubt much got into their tummies, but it is only for practice at this point. We'll continue with the cereal at breakfast until Friday and then maybe this weekend we'll introduce oatmeal at dinner time. Aidan and Sean are eager to participate in their feedings so that will be fun!

I took lots of pictures and two videos so enjoy!



Candace (So pretty, even with cereal all over her face!)








Cassidy (Her expressions never disappoint, LOL!)








Cassidy's First Cereal Experience



Candace's First Cereal Experience
(That's Cassidy you hear spitting in the background, lol!)

5 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

OMG that is great that she got a tooth!

OH and I LOVE THE PICS AND VIDEO! I had to play them at the same time to get the full twin affect. I couldn't stop laughing. They will get it eventually have fun along the way.

Damiane'

Frosty Family said...

Camera in one hand, spoon in the other-- you're a pro!
I think that's the booster I want for Evangeline. Do the girls seem to like theirs?

Erika'sMommy said...

Those videos are ADORABLE!!!

jtguttman said...

Sooo cute!! My boys are looking at me with faces that say "what's so funny mommy??". Candace looks adorable and Cassidy's faces are cracking me up! What a relief to have that tooth come in. She will be much happier now.

Heather & Chaos said...

Love these pictures! You are too talented. Me, I never got pictures of them eating. =) Oh well. I don't know how you do it with them still waking up at night. You seem so sane I'd never even know it. And here I am complaining that my one wakes up occasionally. :sigh:

Have fun with the solids! We are on our third new food (rice cereal, peas, sweet potatoes) and will be doing squash tomorrow! Fun fun!!