Monday, February 4, 2008

Ups and Downs

Cassidy laughed today!!!! It was her first real giggle! Candace has been doing it occassionally for a couple weeks, but this was a first for Cassidy. Neither one of them has a full-bellied laugh yet, and we have to really work for those giggles, but it is the sweetest sound in the world!

Today there was a small improvement in the girls' fussiness, but the past few days have been rough. I ambitiously took them to a Stampin' Up! party on Saturday and it was a total disaster! They both got overtired and inconsolable and I chose to leave early so they wouldn't wake the other babies. Thankfully, the hostess Megan is also a mother of twins so she understood. At this age it is still so hard to predict how the girls will behave. I've been making an effort to get out of the house more often, if even just for a short trip to Target, and it definitely feels good to get out, but it is always hit and miss as to whether or not one or both girls will have a meltdown.

Luckily for Sean they were well-behaved for the Super Bowl! After hours of fussing all day, they slept through the whole thing. We got to watch the entire game in peace. And what a crazy game it was, huh? I never would have predicted NY to even make it to the Super Bowl, much less win. It was the wrong Manning! Of course Sean just kept pouting because it wasn't Dallas.

Tomorrow we have some fun things planned. Megan and her twins are coming over and then I am planning on taking the girls to my old school to meet my former colleagues and students. Keep your fingers crossed for good naps and a "meltdown free" day!

These are some random pics from the past few days. The one where they were holding hands is one of my fav pics of all time, I just looked down at them this evening while they napped and they were holding hands. My heart turned to mush! Is that not the sweetest thing ever!









No comments: