Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy Week!

It's been brought to my attention that I am beginning to slack off on my blog writing, lol. It has just been a very busy week. Lots has happened with the girls this week!


Candace is rolling over now! Today she rolled from her back to her tummy. She has been working on it for the past couple of days, but couldn't quite get all the way over. Well today she did! She is also deliberately grabbing for objects now. She loves the big ball on her play gym. She trys to pull it down and put it in her mouth. She is very coordinated (unlike her mama, lol!)








Cassidy isn't rolling or grabbing quite yet, but she has amazing head and neck strength. During tummy time she can lift herself so high! She also is strong enough to use the new exersaucer we got this week. She is fascinated with the toys on it! I think it will be a big hit when they get a little bigger.




Aidan is doing well. He has been recovering from a cold. He had to go to the Dr. this week for a temp of nearly 103 and a sore throat. Thankfully it wasn't strep and he is fine now. He is still doing wonderfully in school, but we are dealing with a bit of a back-talking problem at home. Apparently at 7 years old he knows more than us, lol! So we've had to have a discussion about respect. I thought this didn't start until they were teenagers! I am sure this is just a passing phase. Kids have to test the boundaries every now and then. I really can't complain too much since he has always been such an easy and great kid.

As for me, I'm doing well. Like I said, it was a busy week! I am getting out much more, and it feels great. One of my "twin friends" Damiane and I began getting together for weekly walks. Her boy/girl twins are a month older than the girls. The weather was beautiful for our walk this week and I really enjoyed the conversation. Both our babies were fairly well behaved too! I'm looking forward to these weekly walks!

I also went to a MoM's (mothers of multiples) meeting for new moms this morning. There were SOOO many sets of twinfants there, it was pretty amazing! I met some really nice people. There were two other sets of girl twins there that were born the same week as our girls! I am going to try to make it to more of these meetings. It is a bit of a drive, but it may be worth it!
Here's a few pics from Valentine's Day!







3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

Could their cupcake shirts be any cuter???? I am so glad the girls are doing well and reaching milestones. The twin tea was wonderful and I too and looking forward to our weekly walks!!!!

Damiane'

jtguttman said...

Great update! Isn't it funny how the two can be so different?? Jakes coordination is great, but Ryan has better head control. I can't wait to see what the next few months have in store for all of us!

Heather & Chaos said...

How cute are your girls?!? I am in love. I LOVE those cupcake shirts. I wish I had seen them for my girls! I found your blog through jtguttman. I hope you don't mind!! I have twin girls too that were born in November 07. Enjoy yours!!