Monday, June 9, 2008

Noteworthy Notes

Wow, the longer I wait to post, the longer I want to put it off! It just gets so overwhelming and there is too much to say, so I will just mention a few of the more noteworthy events and milestones:

- Both girls are getting on their hands and knees a lot now, and they have both ventured forward on one or two occasions, but seem to startle themselves and then stop; crawling is imminent!

- Cassidy's first tooth broke through today, the bottom one on the left (which is of course the opposite of Candace who got her bottom right tooth first); Candace has both bottom teeth now.

- Sleep is still a mess, enough said.

- Cassidy has become a little head-banger, she rocks back and forth to any beat and often rocks just randomly and wildly. It is very cute, but makes it very hard to hold her!

- The girls are still eating two meals of solid foods a day, breakfast and dinner, but we are moving into Stage 2 foods and will probably introduce lunch next week. They still enjoy their green vegetables the best, spinach and peas are their favorites!

So those are the major developmental changes I've missed updating. The girls are still soaking up all the love and attention from all of our family and friends. It seems that even the strangers here are giving them a lot of attention. Everywhere we've gone, at the mall, restaurants, the zoo, my old school, even at Target, the girls seem to attract more attention and admirers than we do back home. Maybe Arizonans are friendlier than Floridians or maybe twins just more rare out here? Maybe it is just all in my head, but regardless, the girls enjoy being in the spotlight and I enjoy the friendliness.

As for me, there are many of you I miss back in Florida, but it will be so hard to come back. In my heart, Arizona is my home. I am enjoying every desert sunset, the cool evening breezes, the gorgeous views, the sweet desert smells, the majestic mountains everywhere you turn.... everything! We have reason to hope that Sean may get orders to return here next summer so I will be excited beyond words if it all works out!

I have taken dozens and dozens of pictures, far too many to post here, so I will post all of our vacation pics to Snapfish when we get home and then post the link to the album on here. For now, here are some of the AMAZING photos my very talented sister Jenna took of the girls:















Cassidy











Candace









5 comments:

jtguttman said...

I LOVE the pictures! The ones with the flowers are my favorite. Can you bring Jenna home with you to take pictures of my boys? :) The girls are getting so big! You'll be crawling before us! I can't even make them get up on all fours. Glad you are enjoying Arizona. I hope you get to go back on the next assignment. I'll have big news on the military front when you get back, but it's a secret until we have confirmation.

Erika'sMommy said...

Nicole...those pictures are GREAT!!! Come to N.Y. next...forget Fl and Az, I want to meet you and your beautiful children.

Heather & Chaos said...

Wow! I LOVE the lace with the pearls. I am going to have to try that somtime!! I'm so glad you are enjoying your time in AZ. Have fun!!

mrs.izzy said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and I love your term, Twingles! I have Twingles too (3 year old son and 1 year old identical twin girls).

I love the pictures of your girls! They are adorable!!

Arjun and Indira said...

Nicole LOVE THE PEARL and LACE PICS!!!!! So beautiful. Your sister has amazing talent! I am sorry to be the spoiler here but WTG on them starting to crawl and sttn a bit more! I know what it means to miss your hometown. Everytime I go to NY I never want to come back! Hopefully you get relocated there next year. We will miss you so much but we want you to be happy!
Damiane'