Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Theme

I know I'm about 4 months early, but I am a planner! I already have a theme for the girls' first birthday. They are going to have a Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 party.

We'll use red, white and turquoise decorations.

I want a cake like this:
cat in the hat.

Here are the invitations we'll use:


And here are the dresses they'll wear (with big, pretty matching bows!):


For favors, we'll give Dr. Seuss books and one of the activities will be a reading of "The Cat in the Hat" by the Cat in the Hat (Aidan in a costume!)

Soooo...what does everyone think? Cute theme? Any other ideas or suggestions?

6 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

Nicole I LOVE IT! I am so happy I am not the only one planning things early! Those dresses are adorable! Aidan will have such a blast dressing up! You guys will have so much fun!
Damiane'

jtguttman said...

Damn girl! You've got everything taken care of! I was thinking you could make multi layered jello parfait in the shape of a hat! You could use all jello or have a layer or two of cool whip too. Are the girls going to have their own cakes or cupcakes??

BTW: I'm working on my Christmas cards for 2009...nothing like getting things done when you have help around!

kraigwendy said...

I love the idea. Hey the earlier you plan the better the party is. I can't believe that they are almost a year old.
Wendy

Erika'sMommy said...

ADORABLE idea!

Heather & Chaos said...

LOVE the idea! And no you are not an early planner. I've already figured everything out for the girls first birthday party. =) So you are so not alone. LOL!

Meaghan said...

I LOVE the idea! That will be a very cool birthday party! I'm thinking of one for the boys...not sure about "themes" though. Can we say clueless?!!?

Your girls are adorable btw! Soo cute!