Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Finger Foods

I've been meaning to post this for the past few days, but you know how it is, you get busy living life!

The girls tried their first finger foods about a week ago. They were looking longingly at my banana so I decided to try giving them some finely diced pieces. As with all new things, it was interesting! Cassidy did not seem to like the texture and made some gagging noises, along with her classic "What in the heck is this?!" face. Candace loved the texture, the taste, and the independence of being able to feed herself. Candace enjoys anything she can do herself!

However, the banana pieces were quite slippery and difficult to pick up, so a few days later I decided to try some of the Gerber puffs. Candace loves them and Cassidy is finally starting to warm up to the concept. They are still learning how to grasp them with their thumb and finger instead of in their fist, and they do it well about 50% of the time. I tried bananas again today and they did a little better with them. And so begins our foray into finger foods!

Here are some pics of the first puffs experience...

Cassidy






Candace




5 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

Isn't it amazing to see new things through their eyes? Those puffs are addictive be careful...LOL!
Damiane'

Erika'sMommy said...

Have I mentioned how ADORABLE and BEAUTIfUL your girls are??? Have fun with finger foods...as you know I am sure...it's going to get MESSY!!!

jtguttman said...

Yum!! Puff and bananas are what we started with too. Now that Ryan has so many teeth, he holds onto the big piece of banana and bites off of it. I keep the puffs in my diaper bag for quick happiness. They are also great if you get hungry at the mall! :)

mrs.izzy said...

I love the 2nd picture of Cassidy. It's like "what is this thing!!?"

Anonymous said...

Aww how cute they are!! You've captured perfect shots of them.... wonderful, wonderful memories for you!!