Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Again, you will have to click on the picture below to see ALL of the adorable pics from Halloween. As you can see, I decided to go with a different costume theme than planned. Originally, based on the votes, the girls were going to be a ladybug and bumblebee, but then I found these adorable girly flower fairy costumes on ebay and I just fell in love with them! I also wanted to do something really feminine and beautiful to celebrate having two gorgeous girls.

Our Halloween did not quite go as planned. We were supposed to drive up to Tucson and spend the night with my sister's family so the girls could go trick or treating at the mall with their 10 month old cousin Logan. Instead, I ended up having to stay here and care for my injured grandmother. She took a nasty fall last week, possibly caused by a mild heart attack, and broke her wrist and fractured her back. She was released from the hospital after her surgeries Thursday evening and I was the only family member that could care for her over the weekend. So leaving town was not an option and our plans got revised!

We were invited to go over to our nanny Tamarah's house with some of the other kids and families she occasionally cares for. We could not stay long because I didn't want to leave my Grammy alone, but we enjoyed the great decorations at her house and the treats! The girls were cranky because it was past their bedtime AND they had also had their one year check-ups earlier that day and gotten their immunizations (appt. details in an upcoming post!) Poor things just weren't in the trick-or-treating spirit! We went home early, but left AIdan there to trick-or-treat with the big kids.

We also really missed Daddy! I wish he could have seen them in their costumes and been there to share their first "real" Halloween (they were only a week old last year!) He gets to come home from training and visit next weekend so we are very eager and excited to see him!

It wasn't quite the Halloween I had pictured or planned, but the girls were adorable in their costumes and they got a small taste of Halloween fun!

Photobucket Album

3 comments:

joannabug said...

Your girls are adorable! They're so fairy-like and sweet in those costumes.

jtguttman said...

LOVE the fairy costumes!! They looked so pretty! Sorry you didn't get the Halloween you planned, but it sounds like it went just fine. We miss you!

Arjun and Indira said...

Those costumes are so cute and the pics of the girls in them are even cuter! I am sorry to hear that your Grammy got hurt, hope she continues to feel better soon. I am glad you are getting to see Sean next weekend though. Kiss the girls for us and tell Aidan we say hello!
Damiane'