Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekly Chronicle

Well it seems a weekly update is about all I am able to manage right now. Maybe once Sean leaves I'll have more time in the evenings to blog. For now I'm doing good just to get on here once a week!

This past week was an extra special week! It was our fourth wedding anniversary on the 9th, and Sean's sister Shawana from Bakersfield was here visiting from the 8th - 12th. Shawana watched the kids for us Thursday night while we enjoyed our first dinner out in a LOOOOONG time and on Friday night her and I had a "girl's night out" with spa pedicures... her treat! We really enjoyed her visit and I already miss her. The girls took right to her and she was so helpful!

The girls are doing great, just as cute and fiesty as ever! Their birthday party is this Saturday so I have been busy planning that. Thankfully I am off this whole next week for "Fall Break" so I have a little more time to get things ready. We are also trying to spend as much time with Sean as possible since he is leaving for his training in Kansas in just 10 days.

Candace is finally standing independently for short spurts and she is getting very close to walking and Cassidy walks and runs everywhere. Candace has also mastered cause and effect and is so proud of herself everytime she puts a ball in a hole, pushes a button, or flips a switch to make something happen. Cassidy's newest thing is to bring her toys to people. She is so pleased to share. She also says "thank you" now when you give her something... so cute! I think our nanny Tamarah taught her that!

Both girls seem to be phasing out baby food and eating mostly just finger foods. We are going to slowly start weaning this week, taking away the mid-morning feeding first, then the afternoon. We'll eliminate the early morning and bedtime feedings last in a couple weeks. I know they aren't getting much milk anymore because I can't pump more than 3 ounces, so it is definitely more out of habit than a nutritional need.

I'll try to post again Friday afternoon after we go to the pumpkin patch, but I may be too busy preparing for the party. I will definitely try to post Sunday about the party!


The girls' favorite toy...








Aunt Shawana







Aidan made us this cake on our anniversary all by himself (with a little direction from Shawana!)





Our 4th Wedding Anniversary





With Cousin Logan (He's 10 months old and bigger than the girls!)





Miscellaneous Cute Pics











3 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

OMG Nicole first of all they are looking so much grown up too! And especially Aidan and Logan, what big boys! I cannot believe their birthday is almost here. Happy belated anniversary to you and Shawn. I know you will miss him dearly but I am glad you are getting this time in with him. Obviously we can wait on hearing updates while you spend that time with him. So proud you got a date/girls night. How exciting. The girls are so cute and I am sure that once Candace starts walking she will be running around with Cassidy in no time! Can't wait to hear all about the pumpkin patch, the birthday party and still waiting to hear all about your job!
We love and miss you bunches
Damiane'

Erika'sMommy said...

So glad to read things are going well Nicole.

cohlee said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I think they are looking more and more like sisters now! Good luck with the weaning!
And Happy Anniversary!